Business Manager Operator Services/Switchboard Manager
Keystream have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Business Manager Operator Services/Switchboard Manager to work for a NHS organisation on a temporary basis for 6 months. This role is to start ASAP and is based in Central London. The post of Business Manager – Operator Services (ThamesNet) has overall responsibility for the operational aspects of the ThamesNet operator service which provides a facilities managed service to a number of independent NHS Trusts and associated teaching and research establishments.
Rate: £224.40 per day inside IR35
- To manage, lead and develop a team of Switchboard staff providing a 24-hour service.
- To monitor and report on Performance Levels as detailed with the Service Level Agreements for each of the main ThamesNet customers.
- To ensure that all staff carry out their duties in accordance with the procedures, policies and guidelines as detailed in the ThamesNet Telephone Operators Procedures Manual
- To control expenditure on all staff costs and to ensure the service is delivered within budget
- To assist in the planning and development of services for the partial automation of switchboard services
- To assist in the development/ improvement of directory services.
- Responsibility for direct line management of the ThamesNet Operator Service staff.
- Co-ordinate staff rotas and control and monitor all staff expenditure within the Operator team.
- To identify and effect all staff training requirements for staff within the ThamesNet team including all statutory and mandatory training, working with the Supervisory Team to ensure compliance, i.e. Training/ PDR/ One to One.
- To ensure that all emergency procedures (for each Trust) are kept up to date.
- As Business Manager Act as the first point of contact for internal colleagues and customers, in relation to new services, changes in service provision. Including new Rotas, new procedures for clinical areas and crash teams.
- To process requisitions for new internal and long range pagers and to ensure accurate records are kept on all pager allocations for both operational and financial purposes.
- Keep strict controls on the use of Bank/ Agency and overtime by managing permanent staff sickness and leave appropriately following all Trust Policies.
If you have the skills for this role please forward your CV for an immediate interview to Lchiddention@key-stream.com