- MUST be HCPC registered for this position
- Previously worked on research in Molecular Science
- Holds a degree in Biomedical Science
- Undertaking testing and processing of biomedical specimens
- Perform basic troubleshooting in line with established protocols
- You will be providing analysis and entering results onto the computer
- Will be required to supervise or train less experienced staff in own area of work and competency
- Perform manual, semi-automated and fully automated laboratory investigations within a defined service area accurately and efficiently.
- Undertake quality control procedures and the processing of quality control material as per established protocols.
- Participate in the day to day management of stock control and usage.
- Be aware of current advances and appraise new techniques.
- The work of the service brings staff into constant contact with human body fluids, tissues, and hazardous chemicals. This may include blood, pus, urine, faeces, and respiratory secretions